Call us nerds, we don’t mind. At the heart of the Hopper app is a prediction algorithm that processes trillions of data points, allowing us to make precise and personalized travel recommendations.
We are looking for a senior engineering leader to steer the group building and expanding Hopper’s Customer Service Platform.
The team is responsible for building and operating solutions for customer support experiences across in-app self-service, built internal tools and partner integrated support technology for over 60M customers. These customers are supported not only by the technology your team builds, but also through 1000+ travel specialists who engage with them every day.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead and grow engineering for the CS product area while fostering a culture of customer centrism and operational excellence. The team is responsible for development of the overall service platform for Hopper with a mission to create effortless and proactive customer experiences through three main pillars: in-app self-service, specialist tooling and integrated partner solutions.
Grow and retain your team while setting high-performance standards
Work in close collaboration with a team of engineers, product and operational leaders to establish priorities, set objectives and build a technical roadmap to deliver an excellent service platform for customers and employees
Own design, development and delivery of specialist tooling, integrated partner solutions and in-app self service to ensure Hopper delivers an effortless and reliable customer experience
Ensure a highly available and resilient systems and foster a culture of operational excellence
Coach individual contributors and technical leaders and grow them as technologists.
Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
• Passionate about technology, people and shaping Hopper’s ability to provide effortless customer experiences
Experience in leading software engineers in a cross functional team - backend, android and iOS engineers
• Relevant customer service domain expertise that will allow you to enable highly available, large-scale customer and employee impacting solutions
• Strong communication skills to navigate a fast-growing organization across multiple time zones and geographies
• Successfully championed documentation, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
• Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
• 4+ years experience in engineering or deeply technical roles
• Experience in providing technical solutions that balance build vs. buy options for the best customer and stakeholder outcomes
• GCP or AWS cloud environment experience
• Scala, Java or other JVM based language