Mechanical Orchard is a fast-growing startup that takes a fresh view on old problems. We replace legacy computing systems for the Global 2000, with a focus on mitigating risk and creating a genuinely solid foundation for innovating and adapting.
As a Product Designer at Mechanical Orchard, you will be expected to:
– Work as part of a cross functional development team to ensure that the product being built aligns with the customer’s vision and meets the needs of its users.
– Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, other product designers and other roles on the team
– Conduct user research, creating wireframes and prototypes, and test designs to ensure they are effective
– Iterate on designs based on qualitative and quantitative feedback from users, customers, and the development team
– Facilitate brainstorming sessions and collaborative design workshops with remote teams
– Pair with engineers as needed to help with implementation of designs
– Apply a systems level thought approach when needed
– Apply and advocate for modern product design practices including lean UX and user centered design
The ideal candidate has worked as a product designer in a professional, team-based environment, with a portfolio of previous design work and a deep understanding of user-centered design principles. You should be comfortable with a variety of design tools, including Figma. Some consulting experience is a bonus.
Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as empathy are essential for working closely with the development team, customers, and others at Mechanical Orchard.